Monday, August 16, 2010

Ondatra zibethicus: The Muskrat

Finding Mr. Muskrat (Ondatra zibethicus) wasn't hard. He stands roughly around 5'5." He's full around the waist-- rather prodigious if you ask me... He smells like cigars. Has red-stained teeth due to his nasty betelnut chewing habit. And walkds with a limp.

After boasting that he's fathered a brood of 20 children, he then set his black  beady little eyes in my direction! Disgusting! Moreover, he's not even a true rat (of the genus Rattus).  Now, I am not saying that all rats are despicable.  I'm just saying this particular -- dewinged bat from hell --  surely is!

Without a shadow of a doubt this pesky fellow has managed to ruin my day!  If it was extremely hard to find Mr. Right in a Wrong Environment, then clearly, I've located the dwelling of a despicable rodent without much exertion.  Why? Why must such beauty be cursed to face this low life.  As gracious a hostess as I am, I did welcome the dirty little fellow; tended to his whims; and even catered to his every demand.  I wasted 4 hours of my day worrying over nonsense.  Feebly attempting to maintain my composure everytime the fink would ask yet another vain request.  "Please call me by this name."  Or "Please don't hesitate to call me at this number."  Or even more dreadful, "Come hither, sweet child, and speak to me as if I were more than a friend."

Maybe the old fiend would think twice befor using such tone with me, but I have overcome his advances. This ratticus wannabe is merely a hapless fellow in need of care.  So today, I found no indication of Mr, Right amongst the crowd.  But I will persevere! Makasete!

No comments:

" Fight between a Tiger and a Buffalo"

" Fight between a Tiger and a Buffalo"
my favorito rousseau painting